“Sansigot” or “Sušćan crni” is the name of the indigenous variety of wine. It’s an old Croatian grape variety originally from the island of Susak, now grown in Vrbnik. This wine, with a medium alcohol content, is produced from grapes from the old vineyard on the western slopes as well as from the new one, situated on “Krasina”, the land obtained by melioration of karst.
- Germany - PAR Wine Award International: gold 2022
- UK - International Wine Challenge: bronze 2021
- Germany – PAR Wine Award International: gold 2021
- Germany – PAR Wine Award International: silver 2020
- Croatia – Wines from Ancient Times: gold 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
I. Katunar | Sansigot
Grape variety Sansigot 100% Year 2017 Category Dry red local wine from indigenous grapes of Vrbnik Pairing with food With all kinds of meat, mature cheeses, with dark chocolate Country Croatia Wine-growing area Croatian coast Location of vineyard Krasina Harvested By hand Aging Wooden barrel Aging in the bottle A year Alcohol volume 12,5 % vol Residual sugar 2.9 g/l Acids 5.6 g/l Ideal serving temperature 14 – 16 °C Allergens Contains sulphites Bottle 0,75 L Producer OPG Ivan Katunar